Detroit Lions fans were thrilled to see 2022 first-round Jameson Williams contribute to the team’s 31-26 victory on Sunday night. His 32-yard touchdown catch made it a one-score game with ample time for Detroit to come back.
But after the game, Williams did something just as amazing—if not more. Instead of going home to decompress or going out to the bar for a celebratory drink, Williams traveled to the west side of Detroit to help out the local community. He handed out signed footballs and turkeys to families at the Family Assistance for Renaissance Men (FARM). FARM is an organization that provides anything from legal services to housing options to help develop relationships between father and child.
“It’s important because I just want to keep staying focused and getting out in the community and doing things for the city of Detroit,” Williams told ESPN’s Eric Woodyard.
After the win, where he scored his 3rd career TD, #Lions WR Jameson Williams pulled up to the West Side of Detroit to give out turkeys and signed footballs to families at the Family Assistance for Renaissance Men (@FARMFathers). He called it “important” to show up for the city. pic.twitter.com/vmaAst3ZU9— Eric Woodyard (@E_Woodyard) November 20, 2023
Williams did something similar last season. Before even making his NFL debut, the young receiver handed out turkeys and gift cards to the Detroit Police Athletic League for Thanksgiving.
In my personal opinion, Williams is one of the most misunderstood characters on the Lions roster right now. Hopefully, this paints a little different picture for those who think he’s just an immature kid.
- An always must-watch: Dan Miller’s radio calls from the Lions’ thrilling win over the Bears. His call of the Aidan Hutchinson game-sealing sack will give you chills:
- This is a first: USA Today columnist Mike Freeman essentially apologized for doubting Dan Campbell and calling him a meathead back when the hire was first made.
- Relevant to this week: The Packers are the luckiest team in the NFL... and they’re just 4-6:
2023 Net WPA by Luck thru week 11:— Tom Bliss (@DataWithBliss) November 21, 2023
- GB benefited from five 10% or more WPA dropped passes by LAC
- KC dropped TD with 1:50 left vs PHI highest WPA play of wk 11 (+42.4% WPA for PHI)
- DEN's fumble going out of bounds with 1:30 left vs MIN worth +21.8% for DEN and -21.8% for MIN pic.twitter.com/vgx03kZ5OU
- The Barry Sanders documentary on Amazon Prime dropped this week (NOTE: We’ll be watching it together on our Twitch stream on Sunday morning). And while it’s mostly getting good reviews, former Lions quarterback Scott Mitchell is NOT happy about it.
- Sanders has been doing the media rounds to promote the documentary. Here are a couple of his appearances this week:
Dan Patrick Show:
Pat McAfee Show:
- From our friends at Dawgs By Nature, the Lions and Browns have collectively accomplished something they haven’t done since 1969.
- Peter King has a lot of Jared Goff’s even-keeled nature in his weekly Football Morning in America column.