Let’s catch up with the mish-mash of Week 11 and Week 12 items that popped up over the last few days to round out your Detroit Lions Weekend Notes:
- There were a lot of pro prospects playing in Michigan’s win over Ohio State on Saturday. According to the Detroit News’ Nolan Bianchi, Lions general manager Brad Holmes was at the game as part of the team’s scouting contingent. As a reminder, here is a laundry list of draftable players at each position from the game, courtesy of our own Erik Schlitt:
- After we got a little taste of it early in the week, the Lions’ media folks posted an extended mic’d up video of head coach Dan Campbell from Week 11’s win over the Chicago Bears to the official YouTube channel:
- Good grief this is ugly:
NFL Week 12 - Advanced Stats Review Thread— SumerSports (@SumerSports) November 24, 2023
Green Bay Packers 29 - Detroit Lions 22 pic.twitter.com/rlljdlUyQh
- This is not ugly. Pretty cool, actually.
- But speaking of ugly, Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio said on Friday that he is not so sure the Lions win the NFC North after the loss on Thanksgiving. The 18-minute segment is posted to the NFL on NBC YouTube channel.
- At Ford Field on Thursday, Fox 2’s Dan Miller caught up with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, who had some nice things to say about what the Lions have done so far this season:
- MLive’s Kyle Meinke and Ben Raven posted a new episode of their Dungeon of Doom podcast. In this week’s 32-minute post-Thanksgiving episode available on Spotify, the two co-hosts discussed possible problems for the Lions on defense (something Meinke wrote about) and with turnovers (something Raven wrote about).
- I know going for it on fourth down is not exactly what people want to hear about right now, but this is really interesting information:
and here's the same table but broken down by shotgun and run/pass on 4th and 1. Passing from shotgun on 4th and 1 has not worked well compared to the other options. Running from shotgun > passing from UC pic.twitter.com/iPPDG85YID— Arjun Menon (@arjunmenon100) November 24, 2023
- The team’s official YouTube channel posted a pair of really nice videos. First, one of the pre-game features about the St. Brown family:
Second, there’s a Thanksgiving dinner question posed to the Lions players:
- David Montgomery just dropped some awesome Lions merch, with proceeds benefiting the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
A Thanksgiving Special @kiwiclo_ | Dropping Thursday, 12 PM EST exclusively on https://t.co/PeWUWsZZzf.— David Montgomery (@MontgomerDavid) November 18, 2023
This limited Kiwiclo collection benefits the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (@llsusa) in honor of my nephew, Yhazra Payne
Let’s make an impact, Detroit pic.twitter.com/flHMsUlOJQ