On Friday night, Detroit Lions linebacker and captain Alex Anzalone took to social media to announce that he and his wife Lindsey had welcomed their second child: Carter Nicole Anzalone.
Earlier in the week, Anzalone and the Lions released a first-hand story about “how he navigated adversity, fresh starts, and the power of hope in his NFL journey”, appropriately titled: Beyond Anzalone.
Throughout the article, Anzalone discusses the difficulties of balancing football and family. Topics included why he switched teams for a fresh start in Detroit and his desire to stay with the team in the subsequent years. How Lindsey was pregnant with their first child, Cooper, during COVID-19 and the precautions they needed to take. He was incredibly open about how Lindsey having a miscarriage in 2022 was emotionally taxing on him and his family. Why they decided to try to have a baby again, and how overjoyed they are leading up to this day when they can welcome another child.
The entire article is worth your time: Beyond Anzalone.
And now, onto the rest of today’s notes:
- Bruce Irvin has yet to make his 2023 debut but the anticipation of it is making him feel “like a kid the night before Christmas”, according to a quote from the Free Press’ Dave Birkett.
“Like a kid the night before Christmas,” Irvin told Birkett. “I’m just enjoying the process, man. Love playing football. At this point in my career, I done made all my money so it’s about just love for the game. So I’m just blessed to have an opportunity to go out here and continue my career and be able to help this city.”
- Check out Sumer Sports’ advanced stats preview ahead of the Lions’ Week 13 matchup with the New Orleans Saints.
NFL Week 13 - Advanced Stats Preview— SumerSports (@SumerSports) December 1, 2023
Detroit Lions @ New Orleans Saints pic.twitter.com/EeiUhlq0Uk
- Looking for some practice squad power rankings? Chris Trapasso of CBS Sports has you covered.
Week 13 Practice Squad Power Rankings pays homage to the veterans on practice squads around the league like... did you know 36-year-ole Bruce Irvin is on the #Lions PS? Props to him. https://t.co/TbsIYyJysc— Chris Trapasso (@ChrisTrapasso) December 1, 2023
- With Anzalone doubtful for Sunday’s game against the Saints, rookie linebacker Jack Campbell is going to need to make an impact. Tim Twentyman of DetroitLions.com has more on how Campbell is ready to step up for the Lions’ defense.
NOTEBOOK: Rookie LB Jack Campbell ready to step up for Lions' defense https://t.co/yWoSgEL9Q7— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) December 1, 2023
- Peanut butter and jelly in the Lions’ backfield? Sign me up.