Detroit’s own Keegan-Michael Key, known for doing impressions of all types, was asked on Jimmy Kimmel Live to do one of himself if he had just watched his beloved team hoist the Lombardi trophy.
“I have to prepare,” he said, getting himself into a headspace not many of us have dared to allow ourselves to enter — up until this season, that is.
Moments later, he bursts from his chair, jumps in the air, runs across the stage, sprints through the audience, and nearly kisses a stranger, all while screaming “Oh my God.” Finally, he collapses on the floor. Incredibly accurate for most Lions fans, I’d say.
With a few ugly losses under their belt in recent weeks, there are rumblings among fans that this may not be the team to reach the big game. But right now, there’s still something very special that sports fans worldwide cling to — hope. So I thought you could enjoy this clip before it may become a bitter reminder of what could have been and ask yourselves: How would you react if the Lions won the Super Bowl?
And onto the rest of your notes.
- Herman Moore joined “Lions Nation Unite” to offer some insight on why Jared Goff has been intercepted so much recently:
- I’m going to let the title of Jeff Seidel’s article for The Detroit Free Press speak for itself: “Listen, Detroit Lions pessimists: Your team doesn’t stink. It just has fixable problems.”
- Another great player one-on-one from FOX2’s Dan Miller:
WATCH - @DanMillerFox2 goes 1-on-1 with #Lions offensive lineman @__taylordecker. Hear what Decker has to say about playing meaningful games in December, and allowing thoughts to enter his mind of winning a division title. That and more right here.https://t.co/jKRXf6WEOR— FOX 2 Sports (@FOX2Sports) December 14, 2023
- “This is one of the coolest plays I’ve seen in the NFL this year.” High praise for Ben Johnson in one of Baldy’s Breakdowns.
- Once again the Lions social media team is elite. This fan went viral for a funny post where he imitates the kind of thing college players post when they announce they’re entering the transfer portal, but instead he’s entering the fan transfer portal because the Carolina Panthers’ season... is not going well. So the Lions pounced and sent him an “offer.”
- An update on how Bruce Irvin is feeling and what kept him off the field last Sunday:
Chatted briefly with Bruce Irvin today and he said it would have been a bad decision to play last Sunday. Ankle wasn't stable and was at risk of a setback. He was wearing a stim device on it today and is optimistic about Saturday night.— Justin Rogers | Detroit News (@Justin_Rogers) December 13, 2023