Goff has won the title four times since joining the Lions — once this season in Week 6 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, twice in 2022, and once in 2021. This time around, he earned the nomination for completing 24 of 34 passes for 278 yards and five touchdowns in the 42-17 Lions win against Denver.
The Lions quarterback is up against the two quarterbacks who took down NFC North rivals this week. Baker Mayfield threw 22-for-28 for 381 yards and four TDs in Tampa Bay’s 34-20 victory over the Green Bay Packers. While new Cleveland Browns quarterback Joe Flacco threw 28-for-44 for 374 yards and two TDs, defeating the Chicago Bears 20-17.
FedEx will donate $2,000 in the winner’s name to a Historically Black College or University, which goes toward scholarships to HBCU students. The title is awarded to the player with the highest number of votes, you can cast yours here.
And onto the rest of your notes.
- While you’re already voting, you still have time to send some Lions to the Pro Bowl. Just repost this Lions post to vote for all of these players:
- “What could the Lions have done better, honestly?” Detroit earns a perfect grade for Saturday’s performance from CBS Sports’ John Breech.
- I’ll say this every time — getting the players’ reactions to their big plays immediately following the game is genius. Couple of post-game breakdowns for you:
- As demand drastically rises, the Lions sent out season ticket renewals for 2024 and fans reported increases anywhere from 30% to 85%. The Detroit Free Press Dave Birkett has more details.
- Please call me Spider of Death from now on, I will respond to nothing else. Thanks.
- Michigan stars are all about their Lions these days:
- “Who is the real Jared Goff?” Rondé Barber attempts to answer that question for The 33rd Team.