The Detroit Lions are on the road in Week 16 as they travel to Minnesota to take on the Vikings for the first of two matchups over the next three weeks. The NFC North division champion will be one of these two teams and could be decided by the end of this game.
The Lions (10-4) enter the matchup with a three-game lead in the division over the Vikings (7-7) and Detroit’s path to the division crown is simple: if they beat the Vikings, they will be Kings of the North for the first time in 30 years. Additionally, any Vikings loss over the next three weeks would also result in Detroit becoming champions of the North.
However, if the Lions struggle down the stretch and lose all three of their remaining games, combined with the Vikings going on a run and winning all three of their remaining games, Minnesota would take the division.
So, Detroit holds its future in its hands.
The folks over at DraftKings Sportsbook are favoring the Lions by a field goal in this game, which is no surprise considering Detroit waxed Denver 42-17 at home and Minnesota lost to the Cincinnati Bengals in overtime last weekend.
Here are a few articles that may interest you ahead of this game:
- Opening Odds: Lions road favorites over Vikings with a chance to clinch the division
- The Honolulu Blueprint: 5 keys to a Lions victory over the Vikings
- On Paper: Detroit Lions at Minnesota Vikings preview, prediction
- Early week scouting report: Vikings are in desperation mode
- 5 Questions Preview: Behind Minnesota’s “miraculous” turnaround on defense
- Pride of Detroit’s YouTube feed includes video previews for this week’s game
- Preview Podcast: Can Detroit rattle Nick Mullens?
Injury news and roster updates
- Lions injury designations: Jerry Jacobs and Brock Wright Ruled OUT
- Lions activate QB Hendon Hooker to the 53-man roster, waive kicker Riley Patterson
- Lions elevate kicker Michael Badgley and TE Anthony Firkser
- Lions starting evaluation clock on C.J. Gardner-Johnson, Jason Cabinda
- C.J. Gardner-Johnson is not expected to play in Week 16
- Frank Ragnow plays less than 2 weeks after reported “meniscus surgery”
- CB Craig James was signed to the practice squad, OL Michael Schofield released
In case you missed it
- Minnesota Vikings expected to start QB Nick Mullens vs. Detroit Lions
- Report: Lions OC Ben Johnson has HUGE asking price for head coach job—agent denies it
- Every way the Detroit Lions can clinch the postseason in Week 16
- NFL playoff odds: Detroit Lions’ chances to win NFC North skyrocket
- How the Rams’ TNF win impacts the Lions’ playoff picture
Detroit Lions at Minnesota Vikings
Date: Sunday, December 24, 2023
Time: 1:00 p.m. ET
Location: U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Online streaming: NFL+ Premium
TV announcers: Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma, and Shannon Spake (field reporter)
Radio: 97.1 The Ticket (full list of radio affiliates here)
Radio announcers: Dan Miller, Lomas Brown, T.J. Lang
Betting line: Lions -3, per DraftKings Sportsbook
Viewing map, courtesy of 506Sports (audience in RED):