Teammates are poking fun at a funny new video of Detroit Lions running back David Montgomery having a bit of a tough time with a resistance band.
Now I want it to be known this is all in good fun — that man is incredibly strong and most of you couldn’t do a fraction of his training routine. Massive eye roll to anyone who takes it any other way. With that tone in mind, a video of Montgomery’s workout fail is making the rounds. Check it out:
It made its way to teammate Alim McNeil, who had a good laugh at it.
Whenever I see stuff like that, I take it as a good sign of team chemistry. You can only make fun of someone like this if you’re good friends with them.
Looking forward to a Twitter video from the Lions social team of Montgomery taking scissors to some resistance bands, don’t disappoint me.
And onto the rest of your notes.
- Bleacher Report’s Kristopher Knox re-graded some of the biggest trades and free agent signings of the offseason, including Detroit acquiring C.J. Gardner-Johnson.
- Speaking of—Madden released safeties ratings on Monday and C.J. Gardner-Johnson wasn’t too pleased with his score. The game also released its wide receiver ratings, but no Lions made the top-10 list.
- Which player was the Lions’ best free agent addition not just this season but of all time? Here’s CBS Sports’ Bryan DeArdo’s pick.
- NFL.com’s Grant Gordon dives into the Lions’ past to explain how the team will find historical success if Detroit lives up to the hype in 2023.
- Part one of what seems like it’ll be a pretty interesting series from The Athletic’s Nick Baumgardner and Diante Lee in which they consider how they’d run a team if they were general managers.($)