I feel horrible! The season is lost; it's all ruined! We're falling apart everywhere!
Let's review what's going on:
* Amon-Ra St Brown may be out - he's the essential piece in our receiving corps;
* Taylor Decker is hurt - he's our starting left tackle and nearly irreplaceable;
* Hal Vaitai is hurt - yes, we have Graham Glasgow, but now we don't have a back-up center;
* Frank Ragnow is dealing with a long term injury that may forever affect his effectiveness;
* Marvin Jones just isn't proving he drank from the fountain of youth - he looks old;
* James Houston, the wonder, is hurt and out up to 8 weeks!
* Chauncy Gardner-Johnson is hurt and might not play again this season!
* Josh Paschal is hurt - he was supposed to take a big step forward to improve our rush this year!
This is alarming. In one game we have lost 8 players. In another 6 games we will be decimated! In 7 games, at this rate of injury, that's 56 players lost to injury! What will we do? The practice squad fortunately is allowed to carry 17 this year, but can we expect most of these players to play two ways?
I see we're also signing players that have been out of football for a year or two. Dan Skipper returns! Is that 18 players now?
What if Dan Campbell gets sick? Goes down with a knee injury? Can't concentrate because of chronic pain?
Can our Lions survive?
We've lost one game! There's 15 more to play. There's some truth to the belief that you learn more from adversary, but it hurts a lot too. I thought we had felt enough pain to build enough character. Maybe the season isn't lost. I mean maybe Aaron Glenn can whip the defense into shape yet. Maybe Ben Johnson will start formulating the right plays to churn out 35 points a game. Maybe Dan Campbell won't succumb to pain or defeat. Maybe the Lions really do have character that will persevere in the face of adversity.