If you were like us on Thursday night, you didn’t want to go straight to bed after the Detroit Lions’ win over the Kansas City Chiefs. The Lions had made a national statement, proving that their offseason hype was grounded in reality. We needed to scream it from the mountaintop and celebrate a little.
So after the game finished, we jumped over to our Twitch page to celebrate, analyze, and just hang out with our Lions fan brethren in what was one of the more fun nights in recent memory.
Admittedly, the first few minutes of the show were a bit of a mess, as we were both dealing with technical difficulties and abnormally high adrenaline levels. But once things settle in there, we provide some solid analysis, opinions, and just overall positive vibes.
Here’s a general breakdown of our conversations (though conversations are very fluid):
- 0:00 - 2:50 — Yelling and technical difficulties
- 2:50 - 5:40 — How the Lions persevered and never let the game get away from them.
- 7:00 — 8:30 — The defense is ... good?
- 9:00 — 10:30 — The Lions are making franchise history
- 10:30 — 13:00 — Late-game heroics
- 13:00 — 18:00 — Rookie showcase
- 18:00 — 21:00 — Run game and offensive line domination
- 21:00 — 23:00 — Coaching decisions and HOW ARE FAKE PUNTS STILL WORKING
- 23:00 — 26:00 — Problems on offense and WR
- 27:30 — 29:00 — Will the Lions gain national respect for this win? Or will this be about the Chiefs losing?
- 34:00 — 36:00 — Do the Lions still have an issue with mobile QBs?
- 36:00 — 39:00 Aidan Hutchinson appreciation segment
- 40-and-beyond: Shenanigans, shots, cowboy hats, zone coverage, C.J. Gardner-Johnson going crazy
But if you just want the best-of content, Chris Perfett whittled down the show to an 18-minute show.